Wednesday, December 16, 2009

More GAME planning (week 7 assn)

I think that my selected NETS-S goal of facilitating and inspiring learning and creativity will never change. I intend on constantly implementing new and innovative lessons that inspire both my students and myself. I constantly preach to my students that you (or it) can always be better. Tiger Woods is easily the best golfer and even after he wins several tournaments and has a career year, he responds that it could have been better and that he still has work to do (I know that he is not the best person to use as a positive example right now). This basic principle is what I hope to continue even past my retirement. My GAME plan is not quite off to the speedy start that I would have preferred. However, I have been slowly progressing and getting better. This is important and if it ever is impeded, then it will become problematic.

I intend on helping my students developing proficiency using the technology standards and indicators outlined in the NETS-S by simply sticking to what was said above: doing more and never being satisfied with complacency. Yeah, it is great to complete something and feel gratification, but could it have been better? Yeah, that lesson was great this year and I can't wait to implement it again, but will it be as successful with a different dynamic of students? Remaining constant in my self-evaluation and having students adopt similar habits will be important for developing such skills as outlined in NETS-S.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment